- By Chetna Shree
- Thu, 19 Feb 2026 09:54 PM (IST)
- Source:JND
US-Iran Tensions: At the inaugural meeting of the Board of Peace in Washington on Thursday, US President Donald Trump announced that the world will know within the "next 10 days" if a deal with Iran is possible. He also warned Iran of making of 'meaningful deal' with Washington or 'bad things will happen'.
This warning comes as the United States assembled the greatest amount of air power in the Middle East since the 2003 invasion of Iraq.
'Make A Meaningful Deal Or Bad Things Happen': Trump Warns Iran
US President Donald Trump announced that a US-Iran deal could be decided in 10 days, urging Iran to make a 'meaningful deal' as a huge American military buildup is taking place in the Middle East amid escalating tensions.
"It’s proven to be over the years not easy to make a meaningful deal with Iran. We have to make a meaningful deal otherwise, bad things happen," he said.
According to a report by news agency AFP, the US President warned that Washington "may have to take it a step further" without an agreement, adding, "You’re going to be finding out over the next probably 10 days."
Earlier in the day, President Trump met with top advisers to discuss the ongoing nuclear crisis with Iran, Axios quoted two US officials as saying. This meeting took place after a US ally warned that the President is prepared to launch a strike against Tehran “within hours" amid escalating nuclear tensions.
ALSO READ: 'Groomed By Gangs': Minor Girls, Women Forced Into Sex To Clear Drug Debts In London
US Massive Buildup In Middle East Since 2003 Iran War
According to a report by CNN, Trump was told that the United States is considering a strike on Iran as early as this weekend. This comes after the United States assembled the greatest amount of air power in the Middle East since the 2003 invasion of Iraq.
Cutting-edge F-35 Lightning II and F-22 Raptor jet fighters, along with support aircraft, were deployed in the Middle East this week. Adding to the buildup, a second aircraft carrier, USS Gerald R. Ford, loaded with attack and electronic-warfare planes, is also en route to the region, while command-and-control aircraft, crucial for large air campaigns, are inbound, according to a report by Wall Street Journal.
-1771518190298_v.webp)