- By Raju Kumar
- Sat, 21 Feb 2026 07:56 PM (IST)
- Source:JND
US-Iran Tension: US President Donald Trump has an outrageous plan B for Iran if the US-Iran nuclear talks fail. According to the American publication, Axios, Trump has a plan to kill Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, his son Mojtaba and other family members. NDTV, quoting Axios, reported that if talks did not go as expected, Trump may order the elimination of Khamenei and his potential successor.
The report also indicated that Trump may allow Iran to continue its nuclear enrichment if Tehran gives a commitment to leave "no possible path" to make a nuclear bomb.
ALSO READ: US To Attack Iran Soon? Trump 'Considering' Limited Strike Amid Nuclear Deal Talks
Iran Warns Trump Not To Take Action Against Khamenei
Last month, Iran warned Trump not to take any action against Khamenei, days after the US president called for an end to Khamenei's nearly 40-year reign. "Trump knows that if any hand of aggression is extended toward our leader, we not only cut that hand but also we will set fire to their world," Gen. Abolfazl Shekarchi, a spokesman for Iran's armed forces, said. The comments came after Trump described Khamenei in an interview with Politico in late January as a sick man who should run his country properly and stop killing people. It's time to look for new leadership in Iran, Trump asserted.
#WATCH | On Iran, US President Donald Trump says, "We're either going to get a deal or it's going to be unfortunate for them... 10-15 days would be enough time..."
— ANI (@ANI) February 19, 2026
(Source: US network pool via Reuters) pic.twitter.com/dUZSZqPlKZ
Considering Limited Strikes On Iran: Trump
Meanwhile, on Friday, Trump warned that limited strikes against Iran are possible. The fresh threat came when top diplomat said Tehran expects to have a proposed deal ready in the next few days following nuclear talks with the United States.
ALSO READ: Trump Threatens Strikes On Tehran: What’s At Stake For India As US-Iran War Looms | Explained
In response to a reporter's question on whether the US could take limited military action as the countries negotiate, Trump said, "I guess I can say I am considering that."
Earlier, Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi said in a TV interview that his country was planning to finalise a draft deal in the next two to three days, then send it to Washington. "I don't think it takes long, perhaps, in a matter of a week or so, we can start real, serious negotiations on the text and come to a conclusion," Araghchi said on MSNOW's Morning Joe show.
Tension between the US and Iran has been high since a violent crackdown by authorities on protests that began over Iran's ailing economy on Dec. 28.
(With agencies inputs)
